I will have my seamless shower when all is said and done.
- · How many outlets?
- · Dimensions of windows of room?
- · How many outlets?
- · Switch for ceiling fan- can we request it be put to the left as soon as you enter the room.
- · Dimensions of windows in this room.
- · Floor vents- Can we request placement?
- · How many outlets?
- · Thermostat placement- can we pick?
- · Island- how many outlets? Can the outlet be put on the side closer to the stove?
- · Extra outlet in cabinet (paid for- for underneath cabinet lighting)
- · Can I pick location for master switch (lights)
- · Can I pick my own granite slab?
- · No granite backsplash!!
- · Is there a vent for the stove?
- · Pantry- shown in the online version of floor plan- can this be a special request if not included (make it look like the linen closet on the second floor). I can live without the shelving. Please make this happen!
- · Does granite need to be treated/sealed?
- · Height of the counter/island (for stools)
- · Height of counter in morning room (for stools)
- · What type of sink? Gauge? Single/double?
- · Faucet- What type?
· Please do not hang towel rack or toilet paper holder. Just provide.
- · Can I pick switch location for lighting?
- · Will any rooms where we roughed-in for ceiling fans have lighting until we can get the fans installed (will there be the standard lighting included with the home)
- · Can door be placed on the side facing the street, not the neighbor
Mud Room (walk through)
- · Is this hardwood?
- · Can switch for garage lighting be located here (or move it to right outside the door of mudroom)?
- · Can I make a special request and have the two supplied shelves moved to one side of the closet, making two levels of shelves, leaving the other wall bare?
- · Will closet have lighting?
- · Vent placement- can we have a say-so in this?
- · Outlet placement
- · Make sure room is wired correctly for cable.
· Can I get any leftover tile, flooring, etc.?
· Shower- discuss option of leaving the frame out if possible
· Shower door- swinging door?
· Where does ventilation go?
· No towel racks or toilet paper holders installed- just provide please
· No soap dish in shower
- · Vent placement- why above doors?
- · How many vents?
- · Make sure the one bedroom is wired for cable.
- · How is basement protected from flooding?
- · In the storage area, can all of the utility mechanisms be grouped together in case we want to finish this portion of the basement off at a later date?
- · Can Electric panel be placed in the unfinished portion of the basement?
- · Closet under the stairs? As seen in model home.
- · Can one of the light switches be placed at the top of the stairs? Is there stairway lighting?
- · Is there an egress window in the storage area of basement?
- · Will egress windows be in the way of any future patio or deck?
- · Left over flooring, tile, paint, etc.- can we keep?
- · Insulation around water pipes. We do not want to hear running water throughout the house. Do you provide soundproof insulation? If not, can we provide?
- · Make sure there is an outlet for the garage opener in the ceiling
- · Bib locations
- · Thermostat(s)- how many? Can we select wall placement?
- · Can we move the hose bib OUT of the garage?
- · Outdoor outlets-how many?
- · Outdoor lighting- how many, what kind?
- · Lawn- seeded or sod?
- · Smooth ceilings?
- · Height of rough-in for morning room?
- · Please put extra floor supports in high traffic areas.
- · Adhesive and nails in subfloors (nailed to joists?) What type of nails (ring shank?)- want to eliminate future squeaky floors
- · Are windows screened?
- · What type of light fixtures?
- · Lot grading- need to know about any issues- need to discuss fully, don’t want any surprises.
- · Rock removal
- · Can I pick foliage?
- · Camouflaging the utility stuff in the yard
- · Property lines
- · Total square footage of home with finished basement and morning room
- · What inspections will happen at what stages?
- · Placement of home on the lot- we want to maximize our yard in back of the house
- · Length of driveway? Can we get it slightly wider?
- · Will some outlets have switches (meaning, if a lamp is plugged in, could I turn off/on with the switch on the wall?)
- · Pipes/hot water heater insulted?
- · How big is the water heater
- · Tonnage of the AC? Is it enough for the entire house?
- · Warranty info on water heater, AC, garbage disposal, all appliances, roof (is this information in the binder already given to us?)
- · Location of AC unit, water meter, gas meter
- · Floodlights?
- · When will we get updates?
- · Can we review all optional upgrades (for everyone’s peace of mind)
- · Can we review cable/outlet placement?
- · Review distances from each house around us
- · What will our address be?
- · Can we get an outlet in the back of the house close to the sliding door (for use with future deck/patio)
- · Any attic access? If so, could it be in the laundry room, as opposed to one of the bedrooms or hallway?
- · In all bedrooms- can we get a switch to control outlets for lamps in addition to the overhead light switch?
- · Outlets in storage area?
I hope my SR and PM aren't too put off by this list. I really just want a nice home and be involved in the process as this is coming to fruition. Let the fun begin!