Sunday, August 17, 2014

Furniture Purchases

Restoration Hardware is my new favorite store.  Love it.  My wallet, however, does not.  Thank goodness I live just a short drive away from 2 of the stores' outlets.  One of them gives an extra 40% off of the already reduced sale price.
 Example- the table for my morning room is listed at around $3500 in the retail store.  In the outlet today I found the same one for $2100 PLUS an extra 40% off.  I also found a shelving unit for the morning room that was about $1400 retail, but was $997 in the outlet, plus an extra 40% off!  Woo-Whoo!!

Not a picture of my actual table, but it is the same one.  This is a picture from the Restoration  Hardware website.


I just love the rough, rustic look of the distressed wood.  

These are not the chairs I am getting.  We haven't made it that far yet.  We are just psyched to not have paid over $3500 for this table!

The only thing about the outlet store is sometimes it's hit or miss.  Some of the pieces are defective (pieces missing, nicks, gouges, chunks of wood missing, discolorations, etc).  But from what I see, most are simply returns from the retail stores or pieces that may have been slightly damaged during delivery.  My table has just an ever so slight visible scratch on the foot.  Nothing that the color kit, which you can buy from the company, can't fix!  It is also not the first size that I would have chosen. This sucker is 108" without the leaves, and 144" with them in!!  Too big for the 15'3"x9'11" Ryan Venice morning room.  We plan on leaving the leaves off, but even at that, this table would only leave me about 3 feet on each end from the wall/slider if we center it.  I would have preferred the 84" or 96" table, but oh well.  You can't be picky when getting such a great deal!
I could not get pictures of my actual table because it was in the stockroom of the store and I forgot to bring my camera into the stockroom when I was allowed in the back to look at it.


Here is the actual shelving unit we also bought.  I envision stacking various beautiful pieces of white dishes on it.


Now, if they could just break ground on the house where all of this furniture will  reside.


No comments:

Post a Comment