Monday, August 11, 2014

Should I Be Mad?

So, according to what we were told at our pre-construction meeting, we were to break ground sometime this week.  Originally we were told on the 11th, then at the meeting we were told the week of the 11th.  Anyway, so I text our PM and assistant PM today (mind you, I have only briefly met the PM.  The assistant PM was the person present for our pre-con. meeting) and asked them to text me the exact day when ground was being broken this week.  Sometime later, I get a text back stating, "Looking at our schedule, your home should be breaking ground next Monday.  We are in a pre-start phase and getting everything ready to begin."  He then states that someone from sales should have contacted me to let me know about the change.  They did apologize on their behalf, and said they should have done a better job with making sure someone from the sales office had contacted us.  This "bump-back" in schedule happened 2 weeks ago.
First, let me say that I totally know that all of the patience and other various Christian-like qualities that I've been praying for is working.  I did not go "Crazy Shequanna" on anyone concerning this. So, thank God for the little things!
*Side note- Crazy Shequanna is my alter-ego who only comes out to play when invited.  Believe me, you don't want to invite her.*

A Crazy Shequanna face

A Crazy Shequanna gesture




Second, what the heck is a pre-start phase?  If anyone out there in the bloggesphere knows, please enlighten me.
I know things happen, but dangit, I just want my house started!  We've been waiting for what seems like forever for them to break ground (over 2 months)!  Grrrrr.............  And to top this off, interest rates are on the rise!!!! Ughhhhhh.................
So, I ask again, should I be mad?





No comments:

Post a Comment