Saturday, November 8, 2014

Closing, Packing, Moving, and Cleaning

We're in! Phew!  That's about all I can say. We have hardly anything in the house. We're waiting on the movers to come and some furniture pieces to be delivered today and tomorrow.
The closing process went seamlessly. I mean seriously, it was actually a lot of fun!  Our NVR broker (I guess that's what you call them) was so much fun, and our realtor and her husband came, it was really a good time.  We just needed a some adult beverages and we would have had ourselves a Happy Hour!-lol!
We decided to spend the night at the house. On an air mattress. After packing and lifting boxes for 6 hours. After a week of packing and lifting boxes. Kind of a bad idea.  BUT, we figured that we paid all of this money for this house, we were NOT gonna spend another night in our crappy apartment. We are gonna get our money's worth from this house!
So, this is my current situation....





3 comments:

  1. Love it! I hear you on getting your money worth! I am glad everything went well and I will be on standby waiting on your decor posts! Congrats again and enjoy your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and I hope you had a good first night in the house, we move in a week and I have packing anxiety!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We really wanted to spend the night in our house too, but with a toddler in tow, I value my sleep too much to chance it! Love that ya'll got to do that - I'm a little jealous!

    Loving your living room furniture :) Very campfire-esque! Can't wait to see things once you get fully moved in!

    ReplyDelete